Lexington County Development Corporation
1006 12th St
Cayce, SC 29033
Hours of OperationCall For Availabilty
WHAT IS THE LEXINGTON COUNTY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION?
- The LCDC is a non-profit, independent organization established and operated in accordance with state and federal regulations for the benefit of the citizens of Lexington County.
- Membership is comprised of individuals, corporations and government entities with an interest in the Economic Development of the County and is representative of the varied interests and activities of the County.
WHAT WE ARE NOT
- We are not a governmental agency. Our membership is voluntary. We operate as a private organization but we do support and work collaboratively on Lexington County’s Economic Development initiatives.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE LEXINGTON COUNTY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION?
- The purpose of the Corporation is to provide a collective effort to secure funds and to involve various organizations and individuals in projects, programs, marketing and other activities for the economic benefit of Lexington County and its municipalities.
- Although the LCDC is little know because of its low profile, the LCDC was chartered in 1981 and has been and will continue to be, a vital link and mechanism to make important projects happen in Lexington County.
- The LCDC is a dues based membership from which the Board is elected.
- The Board of Directors consists of a minimum of 13 and a maximum of 18 individuals.
- The board must have a representative of each of the nine county council districts, three municipalities, a representative of Midlands Technical College, and at least one school superintendent
- In addition to serving as a source of funds for economic development, the LCDC strives to raise the level of awareness of the varied programs and economic development initiatives that are ongoing in the County.
- The LCDC provides a forum and works to encourage the collaboration of various economic development programs and initiatives in the County.
EXAMPLES OF PROJECTS
- Funding to support the development of the County web site.
- Funding for marketing materials, prospect activity, meetings, trade shows and special promotional events such as Industry Appreciation Week and Lexington County Night.
- Construct and leaseback buildings to state and private entities.
- Maintain and lease office space to the West Metro Chamber of Commerce, Midlands Education & Business Alliance and private firms.
- Facilitate the establishment of Saxe Gotha Industrial Park and other industrial/commercial sites.
WHO RUNS THE CORPORATION?
- A Board of Directors elected from the membership that meets quarterly.
- An Executive Committee consisting of the Board Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer that meets quarterly.
- Staff consisting of the President and Administrative Assistant.